According to the US Government:
- 1 in 7, living with HIV did not know they were infected.
- In 2015, 39,513 people were diagnosed with HIV infection in the United States.
- Young people were the most likely to be unaware of their infection. Among people aged 13-24, an estimated 51% (31,300) of those living with HIV didn’t know.
- One in four people living with HIV in the United States are women.
- In 2015, 37% of all new infections occurred among people aged 20-29, followed byindividuals aged 30-39 at 24%,